What is Balance Through Movement?
Balance Through Movement draws from traditional Hatha Yoga theory & practice, as well as, modern knowledge of the body and mind to offer a comprehensive scope of yoga. Our teacher training will help you to become your own teacher and self-care expert by cultivating greater awareness and ease in your own body, as well as, to teach intelligent, safe & transformative yoga classes to others.
Is Balance Through Movement YTT right for you?
Upon completion of our 8-month program, you will be eligible for the 200-hour level of registration (RYT) with Yoga Alliance if you chose to become a teacher. The curriculum, group experience, and integrative approach of our training, however, will provide you with more than a certificate to teach - it will provide an opportunity for personal growth and healing.
What Students Are Saying
"Well organized and comprehensive, and I left feeling physically refreshed, with my mind calm and collected.” Balance Through Movement workshop attendee, Paul
- become your own teacher and self-care expert
- learn about your own body through our dynamic human anatomy curriculum
- explore and define what ‘yoga' means to you
- discover who you are as a confident teacher - your own voice, your own gifts, your own unique approach
- become part of a group of dedicated learners in an inclusive, supportive environment
- explore the BTM guiding principles of integrity, compassion, and empathy through discussion, readings, and integrated practices
- teach others to listen to their bodies in a mindful way, so they are able to recognize postures, movement patterns, or internal/external stress that negatively impact their physical and emotional well-being
- teach others to be able to respond to pain, discomfort, anxiety, and tension with specific movements, exercises, and practices that make them feel better
Our Students Are:
- On a journey of personal growth, exploration, and education to support them in caring for their own body—You don’t need to plan to teach others at the end of this program.
- Looking to develop the ability to be more peaceful and courageous, and more compassionate towards self and others
- Interested in the human body, biomechanics, movement education, neuroscience and the brain/body connection
- Bodyworkers & other professionals working in the field of somatics wanting to expand their skill set
- Experienced yoga teachers looking to expand upon and diversify their current offerings
- Individuals looking to obtain their first 200-hour yoga teacher training certification
Ready to begin the journey?
We look forward to meeting you!