What is Balance Through Movement?
Balance Through Movement draws from traditional Hatha Yoga theory & practice, as well as, modern knowledge of the body and mind to offer a comprehensive scope of yoga. Our teacher training will help you to become your own teacher and self-care expert by cultivating greater awareness and ease in your own body, as well as, to teach intelligent, safe & transformative yoga classes to others.
Is Balance Through Movement YTT right for you?
Upon completion of our 8-month program, you will be eligible for the 200-hour level of registration (RYT) with Yoga Alliance if you chose to become a teacher. The curriculum, group experience, and integrative approach of our training, however, will provide you with more than a certificate to teach - it will provide an opportunity for personal growth and healing.
What Students Are Saying
"Well organized and comprehensive, and I left feeling physically refreshed, with my mind calm and collected.” Balance Through Movement workshop attendee, Paul
- become your own teacher and self-care expert
- learn about your own body through our dynamic human anatomy curriculum
- explore and define what ‘yoga' means to you
- discover who you are as a confident teacher - your own voice, your own gifts, your own unique approach
- become part of a group of dedicated learners in an inclusive, supportive environment
- explore the BTM guiding principles of integrity, compassion, and empathy through discussion, readings, and integrated practices
- teach others to listen to their bodies in a mindful way, so they are able to recognize postures, movement patterns, or internal/external stress that negatively impact their physical and emotional well-being
- teach others to be able to respond to pain, discomfort, anxiety, and tension with specific movements, exercises, and practices that make them feel better
Our Students Are:
- On a journey of personal growth, exploration, and education to support them in caring for their own body—You don’t need to plan to teach others at the end of this program.
- Looking to develop the ability to be more peaceful and courageous, and more compassionate towards self and others
- Interested in the human body, biomechanics, movement education, neuroscience and the brain/body connection
- Bodyworkers & other professionals working in the field of somatics wanting to expand their skill set
- Experienced yoga teachers looking to expand upon and diversify their current offerings
- Individuals looking to obtain their first 200-hour yoga teacher training certification
Balance Through Movement YTT will be held at the beautiful Mandala Yoga studio located at 781 Mt. Carmel Church Road in Chapel Hill, NC 27517.
Program dates are:
January 18-20, 2019
February 15-17, 2019
March 15-17, 2019
April 12-14, 2019
May 17-19, 2019
June 14-16, 2019
July 19-21, 2019
August 16-18, 2019
*make-up weekend for inclement weather is March 22-24th, 2019
The schedule for each weekend is as follows:
Fridays 5:30 pm -9:00 pm
Saturdays 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sundays 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Ready to begin the journey?
We look forward to meeting you!