Realign with nature and yourself through the Art and Science of Yoga Nidra
Hosted by Qwell Meditation & Wellness in Montclair, NJ
January 24-26, 2020
Yoga Nidra (Yogic Sleep) is an ancient practice of guided meditation. A vehicle to calm the mind and enhance health, Embodied Nature Nidra invites us to use body, breath, energy awareness, and visualization to align with nature. This pathway towards healing and self-care has many benefits, including increased self-awareness, deepened self-compassion, and a renewed ability to remain calm amidst the chaos of our daily lives.
Drawing from historical references and contemporary research in neuroscience, mind-body interventions, and forest bathing (Shinrin-Yoku), this training will introduce the core concepts of Embodied Nature Nidra. This nurturing practice gently guides you to reconnect with your inner and outer worlds, nourishes your own inner healer, and can help you provide those benefits to others. Experience and learn to facilitate Embodied Nature Nidra in this enriching and inspiring training.
In this 15-hour Level 1 training you will learn:
- What Yoga Nidra is and isn’t
- The history of Yoga Nidra and the findings of contemporary research
- Benefits of Yoga Nidra
- Neuroanatomy and nervous system basics
- Benefits of natural imagery and visualization
- Accessibility and contraindications
- The role of the subtle body and koshas in Yoga Nidra
- Stages of Yoga Nidra
- Pre- and post-Yoga Nidra practices
- The role of the Yoga Nidra facilitator
- Practical tips for experiencing and facilitating Yoga Nidra
- Practice experiencing and facilitating Yoga Nidra
This training is open to anyone looking to explore and deepen restful practices of their own as well as those who want to share these restful practices with others.
There will be 3 non-contact hours (webinar) and additional required texts.
Dates & Times: January 24, 2020 4-8pm, January 25-26, 2020 1-7:30pm
Location: Qwell Meditation & Wellness, Montclair, NJ
To Register: Please sign-up here.
*CEUs Available for Yoga Alliance RYTs
Additional Questions? Please reach out with additional questions through the contact form below or call/text #917.994.1754.