What is Lead With Compassion?
Balance Through Movement Lead With Compassion Yoga Teacher Training program offers an inclusive and compassionate approach to Hatha yoga with a foundation in contemporary anatomy, neuroscience, and research-backed mindfulness tools. We place emphasis on body mechanics, modifications to adapt the practice and modern knowledge of the body and mind to offer a comprehensive scope of yoga. Balance Through Movement Lead With Compassion is a Yoga Alliance certified training.
Upon completion of our 7-month program, you will be eligible for the 200-hour level of registration (RYT) with Yoga Alliance if you chose to become a teacher.
The curriculum, group experience, and integrative approach of our training, however, will provide you with more than a certificate to teach - it will provide an opportunity for personal growth, reflection and new skills to share with others.
Is This Training Right For You?
Our teacher training program is for those who wish to foster greater awareness and ease in their own body, become their own self-care expert through the cultivation of a sustainable yoga practice, and explore how combined with mindfulness and compassion, this can contribute to a more balanced and integrated life. Graduates of the Lead With Compassion Yoga Teacher Training program are prepared to teach balanced, safe & transformative yoga classes and practices to the populations that they serve.
Ready To Join Us?
Upcoming open houses, schedule, and tuition details can be found here.
Ready to apply, make your deposit, or complete payment? Please find links to the application & UNC's payment system below.
September through December will be exclusively online, including a combination of synchronous and asynchronous learning. Pending COVID developments, lead trainers will, in conjunction with UNC, determine if training will move to in-person synchronous training and/or remain virtual for the remainder of the training.
Balance Through Movement places an emphasis on Hatha Yoga as a living tradition to support students physically, emotionally & energetically. Our teaching honors and uses the vocabulary of the Hatha Yoga tradition and integrates cross-disciplinary tools to enhance and enrich the practice. Through the use of multi-modality movement, as well as, building student’s capacity to respond to their body’s natural intelligence we keep our coursework relevant and supportive of our modern lifestyles. In addition, our experiential Teaching Laboratory gives students real-life teaching experience within a supportive community and an opportunity to receive feedback from all-levels students, peers, and experienced teachers.
The Curriculum Includes, But Is Not Limited To:
- Intentional, mindful yoga asana designed around contemporary anatomical, biomechanical and physiological knowledge
- Restorative & Therapeutic yoga to nurture a healthy nervous system
- Physical therapy informed movement practices for joint pain, osteoporosis, injury, musculoskeletal problems
- Dynamic balance, strength & stabilization, and postural & muscular balance training
- Neuroanatomy: the role of the human brain as related to mindfulness, trauma, and pain science
- Exploration of energetic anatomy (the subtle body) and the role it plays in our wellbeing
- Breathwork as a tool to build awareness, energize the body, and calm the mind
- Effective use of props to compassionately support the body and minimize the risk of strain or injury
- The benefits of conscious rest
- Mind & body awareness practices